SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Are there any adaptive optics the visible light spectrum?

kingsbishop

Hello I’m wondering if planewave adaptive optics work for viewing in the visible light spectrum and work with visual astronomy?

and I’m not too sure if you have heard of the MATX team but they are developing amateur adaptive optics and I am wondering if they can be used for viewing in the visible light spectrum and work with visual astronomy?

Hi, the planewave system operates from 750-1000 nm, 750nm is pretty much the edge of the visual spectrum, so this is no use for visual observing, not to mention the price tag, and the fact that it is intended for meter class observatory instruments. I don't know anything about the MATX system I'm afraid, info on it seems to be rather scarce on the internet, but it does look far more suitable for amateur use, and I imagine the price is a lot more palatable.