Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

New ZWO OSC for a Tak FSQ106ED (not EDX)

StarWomble

Having recently acquired a lovely FSQ 106ED, I’ve been pondering my camera choice for it. I use ZWO ecosystem so it will be another ZWO camera for me. I already have a ASI2600MC pro and a ASI183MM pro.

On the basis that I will use the extender Q 1.6 from time to time, I think that for “average” seeing conditions, a camera with large-ish pixels will give me less headaches that say a full frame camera with smaller pixels (for example ASI6200) as I think I’ll end up chasing my tail with all sorts of issues. 

I think I have narrowed out down to either the ASI2400MC pro or a much cheaper option of an ASI29MC pro…

the 2400 option should be easiest to live with but the cost difference between the two is significant.

What’s the opinions of you kind folks out there?

Should have said, I’ll be shooting a mix of targets from galaxies to planets… 

I'm also raising money for cancer research by imaging from an airfield with nice dark skies at night so the better images I can obtain the more the charity will get (hence this post). To be clear, anything I buy for the project I pay for myself will which I’m very happy to do as my personal part in giving back…

I’ve already raised over £7k from 2 prior images which is great as I’m keen to help them as much as I can as I have a rare cancer myself so it’s close to my heart to use my hobby to try and make a difference for the (to me) important work cancer research does. Absolutely NOT asking for any donations from anyone here - just your advice and opinions . My LinkedIn contacts, gained over a very long time in the telecoms industry are my main source of donations !

clear skies all !

iain