NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

NGC 7129

Al_N

I was tired of shooting SHO, but it was a full moon. So I brought out a 682nm IR pass filter to see if there was anything interesting to see in the core of NGC 7129. There was, but faint. So I kept shooting. I see on an older version of Stellarium that this object has an average surface brightness of 21.64 mag/arc sec^2

After tossing a lot of data due to forest fire smoke, NINA autofocus configuration booboos...I ended up with 42.5 hrs of data, but not enough usable R channel data was gathered before the rainy season closed in here on Vancouver Island. This somewhat rosy hued "rosebud" has a 50/50 mix of Ha and IR for a red channel. Luminance was equal weights Ha, L, and IR.

I think it was a bit ambitious of a target for a Sharpstar 94edph at 417mm. This really needs something closer to 1000mm focal length to do it justice. Sorry to make you pixel peep to see the interesting stuff in the center.

I may have misused noise exterminator to compensate for the need to pixel peep, lol. I know there is better detail in the data, but I need to work on something else for a while before taking another crack at it. Any comments or suggestions for improvement are welcome.

Clear skies

Al

NGC7129.png

• Like 7