M56 Globular Cluster (LRGB) - 27 Aug 2022

geoflewis

I've not been very active astro wise over the past couple of months, due to no astro dark and other life stuff taking priority, so it was good to get out and open the observatory again last night. I've been wanting to revisit this target for a few years and had hoped to get it sooner this year so that I could turn the C14 back to planetary imaging, which is what will likely happen now that I got this one off my list.

Anyway, this comprises 12x2m each RGB and 1.5 hours (18x5m) L, captured through the C14 with the QSI583wsg-5 using Chroma LRGB filters.

M56_LRGB_IP_AFP(HLVG).thumb.jpg.8505dca0f4e84d396b3f56269ced549b.jpg

M56 is a globular cluster fairly close to the plane of the Milky Way, so seen in a very busy, colourful star field in the constelation of Lyra, not far from the star Albireo in Cygnus. It is nearly 33k LY away and comprises approx 230k solar mases.

Thanks for looking.

• Like 9