SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

CEM60 Zero Position error

iandh

Hi Guys,

I have a used CEM60 with a Mk1 Hand Control which is new to me.  I have updated it to run all the latest firmwares.

A few nights ago I managed to do a reasonable polar alignment after first SETTING Up the Zero Position. I then saved the zero position .

After a  3-star alignment it did absolutely accurate GOTOs all over the sky so I was really pleased.

However, I have found that if I do a GOTO Zero Position it goes back to the zero position as I set it, but if I do a Search Zero Position it ends up with the dovetail saddle at right angles to the polar axis rather than parallel (as I previously programmed into the Zero Position).

Furthermore , if I escape out of  the Search Zero when it stops, by hitting the Back button on the HC, my Zero Position has been reset to one where the dovetail saddle is again at 90degs to the polar axis., not where I set it. Then when I do a GOTO Zero it ends up at the wrong poition.

Has anyone experienced similar?  If so can you help me please.

Edited by iandh

Hi Guys,

I have now managed to sort the Zero problem by Searching Zero, removing the four Dec saddle bolts and turning the saddle to face forwards and then tightened all the bolts.

Edited by iandh