SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

ZWO ASI174MM Mini Monochrome CMOS

Ghostnotes

Just so I keep all posts/topics in their proper place I will post here. I have been posting in the section below and this is kind of an extension of the topic. I'm looking to purchase a guide camera and since I'm using an 8" SCT for the foreseeable future, I'm looking at this and wondering or confirming if this will be suitable. The guide-scope will come next. Also for the time being and $$$ constraints, I'm considering an OAG by celestron with the ZWO. I have read the tutorials and understand it. I have read focusing can be a pain, but wouldn't focusing in the daylight at a distant small object work as well?

Edited by Ghostnotes

I  am also looking at Celestron's OAG and I think that's where I'm going. if I don't like it later on I can always sell it and get an 80mm. I know finding a guidestar within the guide's viewing zone might be challenging, but challenges help you learn.

Edited by Ghostnotes