NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Altair Lightwave Premium 68* FOV experiences / reviews?

Got an itch for something in the 8-10mm range to use in my little 50/250 finder / refractor.  I have a couple of Vixen SLVs and a couple of Astrotechniques / Starguider / Whatevers.  The SGs are not bad for the price although not as crisp, etc. as the SLVs.  I've been swapping the SLVs and the SGs in / out of the 50mm, but I'd like to have an EP that stays in the scope for something of an uber-quick grab-n-go.

So I was thinking maybe try a 9mm Lightwave or use the LW in my other scopes and keep my 10mm SLV in the 50.  Maybe that's overkill; I could just get an Altair 10mm flatfield for quite a bit less.

I do wear glasses most of the time while observing, so I need long eye relief.

Any thoughts?  Thanks.

Edited by jjohnson3803

The Altair Lightwave Premium LER 68 is the same as FLO's StellaLyra 68º LER / WA.  Here's a recent thread on it and the StellaLyra 80° LER / UWA:

Ernest in Russia tested the entire line 68º here under the Levenhuk Ra ER20 WA branding.

• Like 1