Synscan V4 vs V5

SupernovaF1

Hello

I haven't been using my EQ6R and AZ GTi for a while as I was moving house and weather hasn't been very kind.

Yesterday I stupidly connected the AZGTi cable to the handset and mount and ended up burning the V5 controller (see pics attached). Thankfully mount works OK (through ASCOM) but the hand controller writes a message "Caution: both axes... No response!" and all menu work but it can't slew anymore - unsurprisingly.

I am now looking into susbtituing the handset and was wondering if I can use the V4 handset on my EQ6R and AZGTi and if so, what features would I miss. 

Thanks!

20220618_113659.jpg

20220618_113704.jpg

Looks like the ferrite beads have done their job and blown, hopefully saving the board. The fact that the LCD displays menu options would suggest that the handset is OK, but the components that deal with the communications between the mount and handset have been damaged, so can't talk to the mount, hence the "no response" message

Not promising anything, but I've fixed a few motor boards for members of the forum, and willing to take a look to see if cleaning up and replacing the ferrite beads can bring the controller back to life for you.  If you're interested drop me a PM and I'll give you some details.