NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Help ! Meade LX 10 Electronic Focus Options

Hello All,

I have an old Meade LX10 which is in really good condition and having now  started to crawl into the wormhole that is astrophotography, I need to attach a means of electronic focusing.

Ideally I want to attach a ZWO EAF to the scope directly onto the factory focused (with the knob removed) Does anyone out there know if this is possible. 

looking at the factory install instructions from ZWO relating to Celestron scopes, it looks like it should but my guess is it won’t.

Alternatively, I’m thinking of fitting a Crayford SCT setup then attaching some thing electrical to that.

Thoughts, suggestions, help and experience gratefully received.

Regards

Chris

If your aim is precision focusing then there's a lot to be said for an add-on, draw-tube, fine focuser but, equally, there's a lot to be said against a tacky one. They are not cheap. If you use a driven version of the original moving mirror system it is important only ever to make the final adjustment a push of the mirror up the tube.

Olly

• Thanks 1