Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Celestron skylight filter sct

Hi, i just wondered if this filter would act in the same way as pollution filter, to me this filter sound good as it stops dust from entering the scope, does anyone out have any experiance with this filter and what do you think ?

Another quick question i am attending the april star party, i intend to buy dew heater for the scope would it also be a good idea to get one for the ep.

thanks

Luke

Hi Luke,

The skylight filter won't do much towards reducing light pollution... its only really anygood for stopping dust getting into the scope..

A dew band for the EP wont do any harm and will help stop your ep misting up if you breathe on it...or at least help clear it if you do...

Billy...

Hi, i just wondered if this filter would act in the same way as pollution filter, to me this filter sound good as it stops dust from entering the scope, does anyone out have any experiance with this filter and what do you think ?

Another quick question i am attending the april star party, i intend to buy dew heater for the scope would it also be a good idea to get one for the ep.

thanks

Luke

I have one of these on my C9.25. It's just there to keep the dust out. It has no discernable effect on the image.

As to your second question. I use a dewband on my eyepieces as on really cold nights I got fed up with eyepiece fogging due to body heat.

Archived