NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Globular Clusters

Clarkey

Last night I was tinkering with my RC8 and StellaMira ED 90 as both have been giving me a bit of trouble with star shapes. Anyway towards the end of the evening (well my bedtime anyway) I decided to get a few hours on M53 as a comparison between the two scopes.

M53 on its own was images with the RC8 and a modified 600D. In total about 150 subs, each of 2 minutes, native at f8.

The M53 and M5053 was with the SM90 with 1x FF using the 1600mm pro. For some reason the meridian flip failed (might be a clock related issue) so I only got a total of 15x 2 minute of RGB and 40x 2 minute luminance.

There are still problems with the star shapes, but overall the results were not too bad.

As always, critical and non-critical comment welcome. Globulars are not my normal targets so processing was a bit of guesswork!

M53 AP1.jpg

M53_and_NGC5053 ST1 AP1.jpg

• Like 10