NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

WO ZS61 - Nylon ring…..

Hi all. I have a Williams Optics ZS61 which is ,essentially, new. I purchased it in January, and have only ever stuck it on the mount  once, just to test focus etc. Anyhow, to cut a long story short, I’ve had to put astronomy on the back-burner for a while, so it’s just been in hidden away in it’s case ever since.

However, my situation has changed a little, so I finally felt like it was the right time to start checking through my gear.  I put the ‘scope on the table, getting it ready to fit an autofocuser, and suddenly noticed a length of white nylon lay beside it.  Upon further examination, it transpired that it was one of two, large nylon “O” rings that go around the OTA, and just sit inside the thread.  I’m presuming that they act as some sort of dust shield. Is that right? And how critical are they? Obviously, I can’t put it back as it has broken, and is no longer a circle, just a curved length of nylon.

Must say that I’m a bit disappointed with the build quality of this scope. I hadn’t realised how notchy the focuser was either, until I mounted the EAF.  It almost feels like some of the gear wheels are oval.  But I’m digressing. The O ring is the main concern ATM.  Any ideas?

• 1 year later...

Hi,

I know this is an old topic but I've just come across it.

I have the WO ZS61 and find it to be a great 'scope. I think you may have been unlucky.

Does the nylon piece look like the bit in the photo's below. It's for the clamping rings.

First Light got me replacements from WO for this.

Andy

IMG_9557.JPG

IMG_9556.JPG

IMG_9555.JPG