NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Canon filter replacement

After a bit of advise if I may,

Didn't know whether to post this in the DIY section or here - mods please move it if you feel it's more suited to the DIY board.

The 450D arrived today, the Baader filter should arrive tomorrow and I've got everything else ready to do the mod.

Looking at Gary Honis' site he says to stick the replacement filter in with an adhesive that doesn't outgas as it may damage the sensor / optics, and ideally to leave it to go off over night. I'll be doing this on Saturday afternoon and it's looking clear for Sat night, so.....

If you've done the replacement filter mod what adhesive did you use and how long did you leave it to go off before reassembly?

Psychobilly has already advised me against using standard cyano-acrylate (superglue) and acetic-cure based silicon adhesives. Anyone know of a suitable adhesive that I can use with a short(ish) cure time?

Thanks,

Ian

Archived