NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

reflex cooling with peltier not cold finger

alessandro83

Guys i have an EOS 2000d reflex and Nikon d3100, i would like to create a cooling system but i don't know where to start.  I would like if possible to apply the peltier instead of the display, could you help me?  And if someone has a functioning cooling system that they don't use anymore, I'll gladly take it 😅.  I do not expect 50 degrees lower than the ambient temperature, but at least reduce 10/15 degrees in the summer. Thanks for all the useful tips.  I know there are dedicated astro cameras but currently the pockets are a bit empty.

Thanks Thanks Thanks

Have a look at something like this:

https://www.myastroscience.com/dslrcoolerbox

I think that for DSLR - best option is to put it in a cooled box rather than just adding peltier to camera itself. This is because of dewing / icing issues that can arise if you leave cold surface exposed to moist air.

Dedicated astro cameras have sensor chamber that often has heated window - or at least desiccant tablets or similar to remove moisture.