NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

LXD75 and LX70

Any advice is appreciated. I been doing astrophotography for a couple years now with just my Dlsr and kit lenses. The post year I've been piecing together stuff to help my journey. I first bought a cheap twin star short tube 6in just to play around with, it was a cheapo from FB marketplace and I knew it would need to be upgraded. Just wanted to know if I would be able to take pictures. The focuser was cracked and the collimation was a nightmare. I came across a new an LX70 mount and bought it because I knew it was a good mount and the price was only $180. I was going to buy the tripod from the same person but never heard back but I wasn't worries since I knew there were alot of tripods out there that would work with it. My plan was to get a cheap Celestron RA motor drive, a new OTA and get to it. Months passed by while I searched for a used OTA. I came across an old Meade 826 Newt but the person was flakey. It was listed at $500, i talked him down to $200 and never heard back. Frustrating to say the least. God is good i tell you. Last weekend I saw a lady on FB marketplace selling a Meade LXD75 N6 for $160. https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/568140084421251/ . I messaged her on Friday and told her I would meet her on Monday since I work all weekend. She agree and Monday I went to pick it up. I could notScreenshot_20211022-231039-035.png.7ee5c3c07b7e51319ef09b51b0b2b6f0.png believe the deal i got. She's said people where blowing up her phone offering more money but I had called first and she honored or agreement. Class act! The score had been kept outside but covered with a tarp. The entire assemble needed a good cleaned after a total breakdown and reassembly. The LXD75 mount works fine but I go through it completely or send it to into https://www.darkframeoptics.com/ , I decided to use the brand new LX70 mount on the LXD75 tripod. I took the Autostar drive motors off the LXD75 and mounted on my LX70...it works perfectly!! Anyone familiar with this setup please feel free to give me and advice, tips or tricks.

Thanks!!

IMG_20211021_133317727.jpg