NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

what settings for Canon 2000D

Hello Folks Good Afternoon 😀😀 hope you are all ok and keeping well !  I just  received my new Canon 2000D today  i went and bought a click in  LPR filter for it  as well and just one silly thing  what settings do i use  when i am using the camera with the nosepiece on the telescope?  I have yet to set up the wifi for the canon camera control as well but want to get this right first   any help would be most appreciative.

Thanks

David

Hi David. 

I can't speak for the 2000D but I use an older APS-C size camera (600D) and its sweet point is said to be at ISO 800 when used at primary focus (no lenses between the cam and the scope). I use that ISO and exposures between 120 and 180 seconds. Don't forget to select RAW format for the output; otherwise you will lose a lot of valuable data.

To control the camera I use a Windows-based software called APT (AstroPhotography Tool). There are many others but I feel comfortable with this one.

Regarding the WiFi feature, I don't know if it is very convenient for astrophotography: I use a usb data cable to the PC and a dummy battery connected to the power grid. 

I wish you lots of fun with your new camera and clear skies!

Hi Mate  thank you very much for the valuable settings information  its very much appreciated!! 👍👍👍👍    I set up my samsung android tablet  with the canon control feature but time will tell if thats worth the bother   i just got the camera basic kit as i was just going to use it with the nose piece on prime focus I also bought an extender so i can put the eyepiece's inside..    i have the eos backyard  loaded up  but will look at the APT tool as well  ..  thank you very much  again  and clear skies to you too 👍👍