Cat's Eye Nebula

lainev

1251626759_210924CatsEyeWide.jpg.7a32a2d24be85ce7281182c5e558d188.jpgCat's Eye Nebula (NGC 6543) on 210924. The Cat's Eye Nebula is a planetary nebula. The central star has expelled its outer layers in the last stage of its life. 5-second exposures at 145 gain. 14 minutes total integration, darks. Bortle 6 skies. Average seeing and transparency. Celestron Nexstar Evolution 9.25, ZWO ASI385 camera, CPWI for telescope control, and SharpCap for image capture. Image processed in DeepSkyStacker, Startools, and Photoshop. I enlarged the insert with Topaz Gigapixel AI. I use Celestron StarSense for initial alignment (really works well for me), Celestron Electronic Focus Motor (eliminates scope shake when focusing), and furnace antivibration pads. All of this is attached to an old Dell laptop. The laptop allows me to run the scope over WiFi from my home office.

Edited by lainev
Missed phrase.
  • Like 5