Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Advice please on Spotter scope

Hi everyone just a little advice please needed, I can only stand for a short while (ailments)  so trying to find a scope I can sit with, looked everywhere nothing takes my fancy, I have a decent pair of binoculars but find they get too heavy when I am holding them up and start to wobble, so I am thinking of getting a spotter scope so I can sit at a table without holding it, what do you all think please before I buy it?  this is the one I am thinking of buying    Nipon 25-125x92 Spotting Scope   reading up on it this seems to be the better one, unless you know anything better,   Thank you  Cheryl

If you are happy with the binoculars I'd maybe suggest another route https://binocularsky.com/binoc_mount.php

That way you can sit, and don't have to hold them for long periods of time

A spotting scope will unfortunately have it's own difficulties because of the 45 degree angle, high in the sky objects will still require a bit of contortion, which sounds like won't be possible or at least awkward 

• Like 1

Thank you everyone I have just ordered a go to scope after racking my brain as what to get for the best, I will let you all know when it arrives l@@king out for parcel man as we speak lol  maybe Monday or Tuesday  watch  it be clear skies this weekend, I have told supplier I DON.T want the Free clouds, ;o) 

Edited by just looking up
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, just looking up said:

Thank you everyone I have just ordered a go to scope after racking my brain as what to get for the best, I will let you all know when it arrives l@@king out for parcel man as we speak lol  maybe Monday or Tuesday  watch  it be clear skies this weekend, I have told supplier I DON.T want the Free clouds, ;o) 

Excellent news 👍 Unfortunately as we all know the clouds aren't optional and come with all astro purchases 🤣

• Like 1

Hi all here it is, my scope came today,  took it off the delivery driver in heavy rain, then sun came out as I got it indoors about right, opened the large box Thanks for the FREE clouds Flo very funny lol managed to put it together put in batteries in the holder and set the where I am in the world bit, so that was easy, well it was after I turned the tube round as got it somehow in the wrong way,  That's as far as I know as after watching youtubers videos all weekend on this scope my brain is now mush,  I am no wiser knowing anything about it, nothing what so ever has sank in, (anyone want to buy a goto mak 127, as it will never see first light here, ;o)  think I will keep to my trusty old binoculars   @ @  it is now parked up in my very small kitchen looking at the 8inch dob,   "Think I need a bigger home."

001.JPG

002.JPG

003.JPG