NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Startravel 102 with AZ-GTE mount: Help Needed

Hi All, 

I have been through this site looking for help, I have learnt a lot from the fantastic community on here and I am hoping someone could help me. 

On my birthday I received a lovely surprise of receiving my first telescope, the Startravel 102 with az-gte mount. The person who bought this was recommended it however I am struggling to get the scope to navigate correctly. 

I have ensured that I have the longitude/Latitude & Altitude on the SynScan Pro app however when selecting for example Moon, it is not going to the correct location. I chose the moon to help me set this up as its easily visible.

Has anyone had the same problem? If so do you have any advise for me? 

I am a complete novice with this and I am learning as I go but the manual is not alot of help with this. 

Thankyou in advance! 

Hi and welcome to SGL.

Problem is possibly due to start position. You should start in North - level position. That means scope pointing due north and level - parallel to the ground.

Maybe youtube video that explains the mount operation and alignment would be of some help? Something like this:

(AZGti and AZGte are very similar and difference is only minor).