NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Another Elephant's Trunk in SHO squeezing in

symmetal

Managed to finish off collecting data the past few days.

ASI6200MM and FLT98. 4 hrs for Ha and 2.5 hrs each for SII and OIII. Stacked in Astro Pixel Processor, processed in Startools, where it was binned 50%, and final tweaks in PS. The blue halos from the OIII filter were dominant again, 🙁 but found the PS Camera Raw filter/Optics/Defringe module does a great job of neutralizing them and even lets some of the underlying colour then show through. I followed this guide which is very quick to use. For very bright stars a second or third run of the Defringe helps using the eyedropper on the residual fringe to select the starting colour and then tweak the sliders to taste. I mask just the offending star for multiple defringes though I don't think it's necessary to mask it, as it doesn't seem to affect the rest of the image once their fringes are gone. 🙂

It's rotated 180 deg as i think it looks better that way. I could have got the vertical framing a bit better as I've cut off some of the bottom, (or really top). Click for full size. Thanks for looking. 😊

IC1396.thumb.jpg.3ff87ca6cb6a1c1100c97600c3eda5ff.jpg

Alan

• Like 6