Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Transmit Data Error on Celestron NexStar

Hi Guys,

I have an old (2004) Celesctron Nexstar 11"

I have been refurbishing it and used it last week for the first tme in about 3 months

The first time I powered it up everything went well until one axis stopped driving and I got a motor error message (or something similar)

Rebooted and calibrated on Deneb and Altair and then performed an All Sky Align and got the best ever GOTO accuracy I have ever had!

I then hybernated the scope at the end of the evening.

Tonight I was looking forward to some actual observing but when I woke the scope and checked the GOTO accuracy on Altair and Deneb it all appeared fine until I suddenly saw "Transmit Data" on the handset and could not get any response. I tried the normal things like power off/on but nothing made any difference.

I have read  that this may be caused by the handset being stuck in programming mode so I downloaded the latest version of HC Update and tried to install it on my Win10 laptop. NO CHANCE just get a message saying that its not allowed to run on my version of Windows!

Does anyone know what is the latest version of Windows that will run HC Update and MC Update come to that?

Thanks

Edited by iandh
correction of typos