SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Deep Sky Stacker - stacking top 60%, how to remove the other 20%?

Hi all,

I have a fairly complex DSS job, made up of over 20 groups.

I've decided the image I like best is when stacking the top 60%. Which means that, when all this is done, I won't be needing the other 40% of subs.

So my question is: how can I quickly/easily determine which of the subs to lose?

The only way I can see is to make a note of the quality score for each sub - across all the groups - put them into a spreadsheet, and calculate the top 60%. This will take ages ie not quick.

I've looked in the .txt info files and the information's in there too, so in theory I could write a macro or something to pull it from them. But again, quite complex ie not easy.

Any ideas?

Thanks, Brendan

Hmmm, just realised I can copy all the files into a separate folder (for safety!), drag and drop them into the Main Group of a DSS session, then order the lot by their score. Then, figure out what 40% of the total number of subs would be, and remove them. It's a workaround I guess.

Edited by BrendanC