Jump to content

1564402927_Comet2021Banner.jpg.a8d9e102cd65f969b635e8061096d211.jpg

Deep Sky Stacker - stacking top 60%, how to remove the other 20%?


Recommended Posts

Hi all,

I have a fairly complex DSS job, made up of over 20 groups.

I've decided the image I like best is when stacking the top 60%. Which means that, when all this is done, I won't be needing the other 40% of subs.

So my question is: how can I quickly/easily determine which of the subs to lose?

The only way I can see is to make a note of the quality score for each sub - across all the groups - put them into a spreadsheet, and calculate the top 60%. This will take ages ie not quick.

I've looked in the .txt info files and the information's in there too, so in theory I could write a macro or something to pull it from them. But again, quite complex ie not easy.

Any ideas?

Thanks, Brendan

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hmmm, just realised I can copy all the files into a separate folder (for safety!), drag and drop them into the Main Group of a DSS session, then order the lot by their score. Then, figure out what 40% of the total number of subs would be, and remove them. It's a workaround I guess.

Edited by BrendanC
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.