NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Whiplash! Now I had a night where almost everything went RIGHT.

And it certainly produced a better image. Still lacking star color, but that's fixable with more integration time. About the only issue this time was when the Pi got so stuffed up that  it wasn't responding to mouse clicks or keyboard events for 30-40 seconds at a time. Did not seem to be the connection, especially since I was out in the field and right next to the scope (WiFi and Mac Screen Sharing to VNC on the Pi).  May have to look into booting and running off an SSD instead of the MicroSD card.

At any rate, an hour of luminance and 30 minutes each of R, G, and B, 60" subs, 110 gain, ASI 183MM on a  Stellarvue SV70t-IS riding a CEM70. Full tech at Astrobin, as always. What a beautiful night, out in the lonely farm country listening to the coyotes and barred owls.

MarkariansChain.jpeg

• Like 10

Bit of reprocessing -- calibrated first the background and then the star colors in APP, denoised and sharpened again, then pulled into Photoshop to yank like heck on the saturation sliders. Mostly for the stars, I dialed the galaxies back to that honey color although I think I overdid that -- could be whiter. Hit both the denoising and  sharpening harder, so now  there's more visible detail in the galaxies.

markarian-calibrated.jpg

Edited by rickwayne