Lost moon colour with autostakkert 6

I've taken a load of images of the surface of the moon with a DSLR and my telescope. The images have been calibrated using maxim dl. There are some settings you have to make to retain colour information after calibration. The calibrated images are fits files and are shown as tricolor images. I can see the colour in the images with gimp.  If I stack the images in maximdl the stacked image has colour and I can boost the saturation on gimp and see colour. However maximdl seems terrible at aligning images of surface features of the moon. 

I tried stacking with autostakkert 6 which I've used successfully before and it seems very good at aligning from surface features. Unfortunately the stacked image comes out monochrome.  There are a number of settings related to colour and I've played around with these but the stacked image always comes out monochrome.

Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers

Steve

I'm not sure if AS!3 can read multi image fits files and interpret that as color image.

You can try to calibrate things in Pipp and keep bayer matrix intact.

Then open in AS!3 and tell it to debayer using wanted bayer order.

• Like 1

I found if I calibrate in Maximdl, align using pipp then back to Maximdl to stack I got the result I wanted.  Maxim dl also has a wavelet filter I can use.

Thanks Vlaiv.