Reprocess of Hartl-Dengl-Weinberger 2

VilleM

Hello, I reprocessed some old data of HDW2. I wasnt really happy with the outcome before because some details were lost due to noise reduction. Now that I've had more experience in starless narrowband + RGB combination I decided to give it another try. I managed to tone down noise without losing details and improved overall contrast of the inner structure by combining the channels as HOO-RGB (previous version was HO-RGB). This also revealed the faint outter halo in OIII channel that was invisible in the previous attempt due to very faint SNR.

Data is acquired with SkyWatcher Esprit 100mm f/5.5, ZWO ASI1600MM-C, EQ6 guided with ASI224MC as finder-guider, Baader narrowband filters and TS Optics RGB filters.
Ha: 36x300s, OIII 120x300s, R/G/B 10x120s each. Total integration time is 14 hours.

C&C welcome as always, larger image can be seen on my blog. :)
www.evenfall.space/post/ancient-planetary-nebula-hdw2

HDW2-reprocess.jpg

• Like 11

• 2 weeks later...