NGC2244 Colour & Hubble

Budgie1

I managed to get some more data on the Rosette last night and combined it with some from a couple of weeks ago. This has given about 3 hour 20 mins of data in total.

Scope: SW Evostar 100ED Pro with 0.85 reducer/flattener.

Camera: ZWO ASI294MC Pro cooled to -10°C and run through APT then DSS.

Image processed in PixInsight using the my normal processing to give the first image and then I tried out the method @Luke Newbould posted earlier this week to the get the Hubble Palette version from a OSC.

This is my best of the Rosette to date and I do like the contrast the Hubble Palette gives.

I hope you like them and C&C's welcomed.

NGC2244-16032021.png.39efa2be829bfea9a23e57492ea662c2.png

NGC2244-16032021-Hubble.png.e5896c520f8e1447aa3d7b79953da223.png

• Like 7

6 hours ago, Luke Newbould said:

Nice job mate! - very interesting to see them both like that for direct comparison :)

Both renditions are lovely, well done!

Thanks Luke, 

I did the Starnet to remove the stars, saved the colour version and then split the channels. Worked on the colour version and then went on to the RGB, ditched the blue channel and combined R & G with the 60/40 to create a new B channel. Then LRGB combined them (didn't both renaming) as RRBG, worked on the new image and then added the stars back in to both with Pixelmath. 

Worked a treat! :D 

I could have taken the nebula further but it was starting to add pixilation into the image, so I backed it off.

Now to work through some my other nebula images & see what they look like, something to do on a cloudy night. ;)     

• Like 1