Reprocess of (nearly) 4.5 hours of H-alpha data on NGC 1499

I had a nagging feeling that the problems caused by APT telling the world the ASI183MM-Pro was a colour camera was throwing APP off, so I made new darks with APT set correctly, and edited the FITS headers of the lights and the master flat to remove the "RGGB" Bayer pattern entry (using FITSwork), and restacked the lot in APP. I definitely feel I have got a touch more out, and some annoying artefacts at the edges have gone. For some reason, one 60 s sub was rejected by APP, as it couldn't find stars in it, but here is the result of 4 hours 29 minutes of data, using an ASI183MM-Pro, with Astronomik 12 nm H-alpha filter, and Canon 200 mm F/2.8 L lens.

NGC-1499-16140.0s-SC_1_3.0_none-x_1.0_LZ3-NS-full-qua-add-sc_BWMV_nor-AAD-RE-MBB5-St.thumb.jpg.21ae7472187589f2350b18084feef76b.jpg

I will first get data in other bands before processing this any further, I think

• Like 2