NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

widefield workflow - only PSE7 though

I'm not sure about Elements, is it only 8 bit rather than 16? Also I think it does not have Layer Mask or Quickmask so a lot of the more complex operations are not available.

To be honest most of the digital processing work after calibration (which PS can't really do) involves only Levels and Curves to stretch the data and make it visible. You will be able to select stars and put them onto a different layer so that is a great help with galaxy or nebula sharpening.

Dennis

it would be 8 bit but i thought i could use the 16 bit raw files for levels and curves. there is a "Smartcurve" plug in which allows me to move sliders on the levels graph.

i was basically after a workflow on photoshop and i was then going to see what i could apply to elements with any available plug ins. as in whether people try and remove chroma or luminance noise, darken any colours etc. the shot i posted was a very crude attempt but the point i am making is aside from levels i dont actually know what i should be adjusting.

Archived