NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Using the stock 9x50 SW as a guidscope on TOP of an ED80? Fittings , rings and plate suggestions please...

oymd

I have been imaging unguided the past few months, and would like to try and improve my setup.

Scope is the ubiquitous SW ED80 Pro.

I would like to use a 290MM Mini with the stock SW 9x50 finderscope.

Would like to avoid using the finder bracket, and attach the guidescope to the TOP of the ED80, for better balance.

Can you please point me in the direction of rings and plate that would fit on top of the ED80? I would prefer an option that does not require drilling holes in the plate etc...

Thanks

I have recently converted my ED80 to guide using the 9x50 finder. To avoid using the existing bracket I added a new dovetail to the top of the rings and used cable ties to hold it in place. If you get it focused in advance it works well and does not appear to have much flex.

29 minutes ago, Clarkey said:

I have recently converted my ED80 to guide using the 9x50 finder. To avoid using the existing bracket I added a new dovetail to the top of the rings and used cable ties to hold it in place. If you get it focused in advance it works well and does not appear to have much flex.

Thanks for that...

Which dovetail did you fit on top?