NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Finderscope Mount - Nexstar 127 SLT

Evening all

I have just purchased a replacement finderscope for my nexstar

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00 ... UTF8&psc=1
My question is : Is the mount a permanent fix or can it be moved or swapped, with the new scope on it seems to be set furthur back and becomes an obstacle when viewing through the eyepieces.

Any advice greatly Appreciated

Gary

Do you mean, can you move the finder base that is bolted to the telescope tube? I would not try if I were you.  Without knowing what is on the other end of the screw, you could have a nut bouncing around inside the scope, and you would also have to drill new holes, which would release swarf inside. 

BTW, I recognise the finder in the link. I bought one and was not impressed with it. It would not turn on at all until I inserted a small piece of foil packing, and then it was too bright.  I currently use it as a coarse finder for the optical finder on one of my scopes. To attach it further forward, maybe you can use double sided sticky tape with one of the bases in the finder kit.