NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

TTL-232R FTDI cable

ncjunk

I bought the TTL-232R cable for connecting from the PC to my EQ6 mount so that I could control it using the EQMOD software.

The cable comes in the standard issue anti static plastic bag and has instructions to download the latest drivers from the ftdichip website.

The cable comes with a connector attached which I cut off and then connected the wires to an rs232 lead using some strip board and a small case to house it in. (you can purchase one with flying leads but it wasn´t in stock)

I had heard that it is possible to burn out the EQ6 box but as long as you are capable of soldering 3 wires to four points on the rs232 cable it is no problem.

Performance was excellent as it worked first time, just remember to check what comm port the driver assigns (mine was set to 7).

I just wanted to add this review for anyone thinking about getting one. it works and as long as you double check your wiring and that there are no shorts you should have no problems.

Regards

Neil C

Archived