quick bash at mars with the BV's

bomberbaz

It was only quick session, off out to a darker place tomorrow to do a little more all being well.

However inline with other reports on here Mars is looking lovely and contrasty, I think my magnification was circa x190 with the binoviewers plugged into 127 Mak.

I didn't manage the polar icecap because although there was good contrast with the pink and bluey grey areas easily identifiable and well separated, the skies are not settled enough to pick out the smaller icecap yet at 9.15 pm and so it was a little mushy at the edges.

Had a quick 10 minutes at the moon as well, the terminator looked super sharp on the upper limb with Atlas and Hercules providing a cracking shadow highlighting the walls nicely. 

So this was a quick session but if the skies are settled tomorrow evening I intend having a much longer session under darker skies for a little more of an in depth session.

clear skies all.

Steve

• Like 1