September 22, 2020: Result of 13h 2.5 min on M27

michael.h.f.wilkinson

Managed to grab 2.5 hours and a bit on M27 through the Meade SN6, ASI186MC and Optolong L-eNhance filter last night, and added these to earlier hauls. First without unsharp masking, just stacked and stretched in APP, and a little boost in red in Gimp using curves gives the following result:

M27-46950.0s-NR-x_1.0_LZ3-NS-ref-qua-add-sc_BWMV_nor-AAD-RE-MBB10-StC2.thumb.jpg.306cdf8f330d327f9f849c51664e8d79.jpg

Using stacking in APP, unsharp masking in FITSwork and stretching in Gimp gives this:

M27-46950.0s-NR-x_1.0_LZ3-NS-ref-qua-add-sc_BWMV_nor-AAD-RE-MBB10_4-2.thumb.jpg.2bfa5f5f2fe48cf118679ca2202243d1.jpg

The core is slightly less blown out, and more detail is coming out in  the outer regions. I think I will run it through my own unsharp masking routine later (gives more control without overshoot effects). Might also want to crop the image a bit

• Like 4