NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Advice needed

First of all a big thank you for those people that gave  me a warm welcome and reply to my first post. 
the equipment I have so far

nexstar 5se, 25mm Plössl, 14.5mm Plössl, skywatcher 8-24 zoom and a 2x Barlow. 
I want to be able to maximise the use of the scope by using it on terrestrial targets during the day. For this I understand I require an erecting prism. Could some one point me in the right way for a decent one?

secondly, having surfed around the internet i’ve come Across what I would really like to do with the scope at night. Which would be to sit in the comfort of my sofa and observe from there without having to fiddle about with eyepieces and focus. Originally I was going to buy the starsense auto align, the WiFi portal ( only because I know that they would be totally compatible with the 5se ) and a decent eyepiece set. Total outlay £700-£800. There are apparently different things on the market that will do what I want so I’m seeking advice as to what to get for my budget. 
I’d want to be able to sit in the house, have the scope auto align and view from either an iPad or iPhone. I’m not really interested in taking too quality photos, maybe just a screenshot of what I’m seeing. But. I would like the view to be as clear as possible with the budget that I’m thinking of. 
Many thanks for any advice that can be given 

You could use the scope as-is with its star diagonal for terrestrial targets if you don't mind the left-right reversal.  Otherwise look for a suitable erecting prism diagonal - maybe ask retailers to avoid being caught out by vague descriptions.

Remote viewing from indoors is not as easy as you imagine.  I have the Starsense, and while it is a time saver it is not (in my experience) any more accurate than a two-star align so it is not guaranteed to drop objects into the eyepiece FOV.  Then you need a camera. Unless you spend a great deal of money the chip size will be small, giving a FOV similar to a 6mm eyepiece, making it  difficult to get an object centred on the chip even if you stand by the telescope, let alone remotely.  A DSLR will have a much larger chip but may introduce other problems.

Then you have to focus. If you have to adjust this remotely, this means an electric focuser.

I suggest your first step should be to attach a camera to the scope and see just how difficult it is to get an image on a screen, before you think of trying it remotely.

• Like 1

Thank you Geoff. I’ve seen one I like the look of called the revelation imager 2  it’s aproxx £300. It seems to be able to do all that I want it to do, but apparently it is only 0.3mp. I was thinking it may need more than that for a crisp clear view.