NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

AstroDMx_Capture Has New Release for Raspberry Pi3/4

I got a note from AstroDMx_Capture this morning about a new release of their software (version 0.78.3).  The primary changes include 32 bit and 64 bit support for the Raspberry Pi and especially for the SVBONY305 camera using the new SDK from SVBONY.  

This is my primary imaging software, as I run Linux on both my Pi scope driving computer and laptop, so I am quite pleased.

.3) ()version (0.7

Presently, I use AstroDMx_Capture for my imaging (I got started with it when it was the ONLY Linux program that supported the SVBONY305 camera), Siril for my stacking, My own Java panel for my focusing using the indi_wmh_focuser driver and I am still looking at plate solving and guiding.  I use indi drivers for many things, but not Ekos so very much.  It is a workflow thing with me and I do admit that my own ideas for workflow may be warped and even wrong at some levels.

Astroberry is a very excellent package.  If you are pleased with it, I'd say stick with it.  The support is excellent and it is ever-evolving.

To answer your question more directly, I like the way AstroDMx_Capture works and generally prefer separate programs for separate functions over all-in-one solutions.  With respect specifically to AstroDMx_Capture, I like the way the color balance works with the real time display, and the way the control panel works for exposure, gain and other items.  It is also remarkably easy to switch from AVI capture to FITS or TIFF for different targets or in the middle of a target sequence.

• Thanks 1