Help with my Trunk..Image processing with starnet++

Hi all 

I have been on something of a journey reprocessing data for IC1396 this week . My original had a lot of stars and was somewhat distracting so I have spent a good while working out command line Starnet on Mac with a mixed bag of results...( still not managed to get it running on PI despite the new PI release this week ). I've managed to get an image I think I can work on of the nebula only by removing stars in each channel separately and then combining. Then I produced a separate Synthetic RGB from my NB data (all new techniques to me).I tried combining in PI with pixelmath but for some reason (user fault I'm sure) the Nebula colour was washed out. Finally I also tried some noise reduction on the starless image. I have used Multi scale Linear Transform  before but not sure if this will work well on a Non linear tiff file as I couldn't get a mask preview. Now after all the tutorials and different methods looked at my head hurts 🤕🐘. Can anyone chime in and give some clarity on how to get my synthetic stars added ..( star masks Knowledge is very patchy )with some nice noise reduction applied to a non linear tiff . I have  PI, PS and light room for processing. Many thanks guys and girls.

SyntheticRGB4080.jpg

StarlessIC1396ColorcalibLR4080.jpg

Edited by Craig123

You want to do all your proc in PI, right? If you were using Photoshop you could just layer the original starry image above the nicely-processed nebulous one and set the top layer's blend mode to "Screen".