NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Altair Hypercam 294C Pro Tec - connecting through Pegasus Ultimate Power Box issue

Hi, I recently purchased the Altair Hypercam 294C Pro Tec Cooled. I am having major issues getting it to connect and work with my existing setup.

I run a remote Pulsar dome with direct CAT 8 cable connection through a ICRON USB Raven 3104, and USB3 cable in observatory to Pegasus Ultimate Power Box. This is running the mount, the guide scope, the focuser and previously a DLSR. 
All was working great with that from the connected PC in the house, no lag and no issues connecting or downloading images.

Now I have this Hypercam it is a whole world of pain. I struggle to get it to connect, and if I do, it just shows a zero frame rate and a black screen. The only way I can get the camera to connect and show me anything is to bypass the Pegasus and just connect USB to the observatory ICRON.
This however will really affect my cable management and my ability to easily power off, recycle the camera USB (which was the whole point of the Pegsasus) plus a complete rejig of my setup in the observatory.
I ordered an active USB3 cable extension to go from the Pegasus to the ICRON, but still not even a connection. The only thing I havent done is tried powering with a 5V adaptor the active cable. I spoke with Altair and they said to make sure that the Pegasus variable voltahe is set to 5V or I might blow the circuit board of the camera, so I made sure that was done.

Does anyone have any experience of using these Altair cameras in a similar setup, as I am currently lumped with a very expensive but very pretty purple counterweight to my telescope.
Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Many thanks