NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Secondary mirror problem Heritage 130p

Hi everyone,

First i'm sorry if I do not post this in the right section (I'm completely new to this forum and to astronomy).

I just received my Skywatcher heritage 130p that I bought on Astroshop last week.  The scope came in a nice package and everything looked fine at first.

However, I noticed that the secondary mirror is completely loose. By this I mean that the part consisting of the central screw and the 3 collimating screws freely rotates around the bar that holds the secondary mirror to the overall structure of the telescope.

I insist on the fact that it's not the bar that is moving (green arrow on the picture) but simply the support of the secondary mirror that rotates around this solidly attached bar (red arrow).

Unless I'm missing something I dont' see any way of tightening this connection between these 2 pieces... should I return the scope or am I just being dumb ?

Thanks a lot

Greetings from France

Yannoux

20200813_145224.jpg

The secondary mirror and its holder simply screw onto the end of that bar, keep turning it clockwise and it'll tighten up. If it gets tight but then it isn't facing the right way you can loosen the bar at the upper scope end and turn it so the mirror faces the primary properly 

• Like 1

Thanks a lot for the advice !

I managed to make the secondary mirror face approximately the primary but what a pain it was, damn...

I'll try to collimate it now but I'm scared it'll make everything move again.

But anyway thanks again !

Yannoux