Barlow for SW200dps + DLSR ??

I've been wondering whether a barlow could be used with my SW200pds & DLSR, primarily for planetary & lunar imaging, but also for some of the smaller DSO's (with shorter exposure times to try to compensate for guide error). Does anybody have any experience using a one with this OTA?

Currently with my DLSR the focus tube has to intrudes slightly into the OTA in order to get focus. I presume I would have to wind the focus tube out with a barlow?

If it is possible to go down this route, any recommendations on a 2" barlow?

Many thanks!

Ivor

• 2 weeks later...

I have tried using one with my 200PDS a couple of times, for M57, but results weren't great. This was unguided though, with a simple 2x 'deluxe' Barlow from SW.  First attempt I used 30sec subs, but had to toss most of them due to tracking errors.  Tried again with just 15s exposures and did get some I could use, but result still not great.  See attached, cropped image below.  Have used 'star reduction' in Astroart & denoise + sharpening in Topaz.  Am planning to have a new go, now that I have added guiding.  Can't remember what I did focus-wise.

M57 AAb crop-denoise.jpg

• Like 1