Wide field North American nebula with unmodified DSLR

After arriving at my grandparents' house yesterday which is Bortle 4 compared to my Bortle 7-8 at home, I was treated with a beautiful clear sky the entire night. I managed to get the most out of the 1 hour of somewhat darkness(northern horizon is still relatively bright in Denmark) by shooting the north American nebula together with NEOWISE and the veil nebula(will share these later).

The final images is 10X2min exposures with a Samyang 135mm F/2.0 @F/2.8 and an unmodified Nikon D3300 at ISO 800. Everything is mounted on my unguided star adventure, which I'm really surprised could keep up with 2minute exposures with a crop sensor DSLR at 135mm! I did have to ditch a couple of exposures though because of a couple small gusts of wind.

Stacked in DSS and processed in Lightroom.

1385837382_Northamericannebula.thumb.jpg.c4d31acd21d2ae913d4e1ff29715ab4e.jpg

Weather looks clear today as well so I'll probably try to add some data to this image and my veil image as well!

Clear skies!

Vkctor

• Like 5