North America and Pelican

GuLinux

I know.. same old easy targets..

But perfect test for my new gear.

I've always been more of an itinerant stargazer, trying to do astrophotography with my star adventurer and camera lenses from dark places, but since the lockdown I've been wondering on how to better use these rare and amazing clear nights.

In particular for this shot I used an iOptron CEM40 mount, with a small 50mm autoguider scope, and a slighly larger (1mm!) Redcat as primary scope.

I also used an Optolong L-Enhance light pollution/narrowband filter, and I wasn't expecting to give such amazing results so close to London Center (Ealing!)

The CEM40 and the L-Enhance are brand new, the Redcat almost a year old, but barely managed to do anything with it, the camera is an ASI094MC Pro.

I also bought an Esprit 100ED and some narrowband filters for my mono camera (ASI183MM), to be tested after I get more confident with smaller scopes :)

(blog post, FYI: https://blog.gulinux.net/en/blog/2020-06-01-backyard-deep-sky-north-america-and-pelican)

publishing.thumb.jpg.a89d7ac2cff942fdd9c84c34c5c5202d.jpg

• Like 3