Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Eq6 peculiar movements

I have EQ6 with skywatcher ED80 and Williams optics star 70 piggy backed, two cameras and an off axis guider etc. I am relatively new to this mount but for some reason there seems to be an unusual motion when I try to slew. Best to explain it this way. I have a light panel fitted to the wall of my observatory. I can, and have set the park coordinates to go to that light panel position and the mount will go there after some unusual motion. As an example of the behaviour....I use EQMOD and can simply slew the mount about -5 degrees away from the light panel in azimuth and then tell it to park to the light panel. I would then expect the mount to simply return by 5 degrees to the light panel. What it does is move away even further say to about -25 to -40 degrees or more, then stops momentarily, thinks about what it has done and is supposed to be doing and then changes direction and returns correctly to the light panel. Is this normal behaviour? Presumably not...so how can I stop this peculiar motion. It slews quite normally when using Carte du Ceil in the sky (normally I am observing east of the meridian as trees are to the west of it so I cannot cross it when observing) so why should it behave peculiarly when below the horizon and past the meridian?
.Any ideas would be welcome.

Normally Synscan ends slews always from the same direction in order to recover backlash. 

So, the movement you 're seeing may be not peculiar , just coded. 

You may try this: Go further away with your movements and then manually return slightly towards the home position. 

In this case the mount shouldn' t go further away on its own

Edited by FaDG

Thanks, I’ll try that later and let you know what happens. I was hoping that there would be some kind of software reset procedure which would eradicate it.  I don’t know if it has always done it as I’ve only just installed a light panel and only now have any need to go to that position in the hut. I can understand your point which is useful but this isnt just a small movement it’s 30 to 40 degrees.  Thanks though. Take care.