Any book or content recommendations for CMOS?

Hi all. 
I’ve read 10 or so books (at least once) in pursuit of getting to grips with imaging. Over the winter I added a Redcat wide-field scope to reduce impact of tracking and flattener spacings and switched from a small chip mono CCD to an Atik Horizon. I’m finally turning out images I’m happy with, both LRGB and narrowband. However, it’s still a bit trial and error on settings, etc though I’m learning a lot from setting up with Sequence Generator Pro. 
can anyone recommend a good book for CMOS imaging? All the ones I have don’t really scratch the surface on how to get the most out of CMOS vs CCD and I’d like to learn how to optimise exposure lengths, get better flats, etc.

thanks!

Nick

I doubt that there is much difference between CMOS and CCD imaging. The two that stand out are:

- CMOS has no need of long exposures because of the low read noise, so experiment with 5 minute subs to start with.  Occasional targets will need short subs to blend with long. (M42 for sure.)

- CMOS needs dedicated darks for flats. If you take a set of flats at a particular setting you must take a set of darks at precisely those settings. (With CCD a master bias will work as a dark for all flats.)

You will need flats and darks in the usual way.

On general imaging Steve Richards can be your guide with Making Every Photon Count and on processing, predominantly in Photoshop, with Magic Bullet. Both available from FLO. 

https://www.firstlightoptics.com/books/making-every-photon-count-steve-richards.html

https://www.firstlightoptics.com/books/dark-art-or-magic-bullet-steve-richards.html

Olly