IFN in Camelopardalis?

Found a wisp of something in this wide image, which shows Caldwell 7 and Comet 2019 Y4 Atlas.

722627904_Caldwell7CometAtlas2019Y4v13small.thumb.JPG.da5b1240c578186960f569df603dfa1c.JPG

It's right at the bottom, below the comet. Field of view is 7.5 x 9.3 degrees, West is at the top. Capture details are here.

Wasn't sure if it was real to begin with as there was some light cloud passing through frame over the course of the run. Having checked the SFD dust map I'm fairly sure it's IFN.

26354741_SFDDustMap.thumb.jpg.3ec1e95e58a67adee7ab89c439120362.jpg

1667178816_SFDDustMap2.thumb.jpg.cc09b36ec2d72425d29a48684f8c084f.jpg

It doesn't line up perfectly but I wouldn't expect the reflection nebulosity to exactly match the IR.

I was wondering if anyone has or can find any images of IFN in Camelopardalis please? I've pretty much drawn a blank on Google although this IFN map suggests I've found a bit of MW6. Camelopardalis is pretty empty and is rarely imaged, in the widefield above there are only a handful of NGC objects and one IC galaxy, although it does have one of the brightest known stars in NGC 2366. (I did find this spectacular image of reflection nebulosity around V* BE CAM though, well worth a look.)

Now I've found something I'll have a proper go at digging in the background to see if I can find any more structure, when I can find the time. The original image was stacked without any calibration frames, I just had a quick go with GradEx to get rid of the vignetting. I wasn't expecting much from the stack, I wanted to create an animation of the comet's movement.

If anyone has any processing tips for dragging out IFN I'd be grateful.

Edited by Knight of Clear Skies
  • Like 2