New widefield setup

Some pictures below of my widefield imaging set up. The scope is a Svbany 60mm guide type and with a 20mm Ep in I get x12 with a nice 4 degree, perfect for helping framing the double cluster which is my first intended target once the clouds eventually break.

The camera is a Sony HX400V and there is a dedicated programme on board for taking pictures of the night sky so initially I will use that. On checking the settings for the programme its only set at ISO 800 and the exposure is also set relatively low, so I am not sure how it will fair with less bright DSO's. However the night sky programme also has an over-ride so once I get a little practice I shall have a play around to see how capable the camera really is. 

Camera goes up to x50 analogue zoom and I think its 2 degree FOV at that, not sure if that's correct.  However initially I intend taking wider field pictures anyway so will see how this all gets on. 

The GTI wifi mount has been flashed to operate as a EQ mount with the wedge.

I got my son to machine the extension plate to the L bracket to allow for the fitting of the spotting scope. The clearance between scope and camera is around 1 mm each side so measurements were a little tight. It's a little bit heath robinson maybe but after looking at other options this one seemed best for intended use. You can buy a RDF finder with a camera mount which I did consider as its a lot cheaper but I have always preferred to be able to get a close up visual so I went for this instead.

IMG_2164.JPG.808534d180969d8ca0690f67bd6d981a.JPGIMG_2165.JPG.544b22b6fef97740a9940d94d1f0725a.JPGIMG_2166.JPG.c59ca4b17e28b1546196c110c4551f7a.JPG

IMG_2168.JPG.ccc348473df563f540f9278c526e384a.JPGIMG_2169.JPG.7a27308bef13b5b5bedf9eacc394569a.JPG

• Like 4