Tycho2 catalogue installtion in CdC

I wonder if someone can point me in the right direction..................

I've downloaded the tycho2 files from SourceForge and placed them in the cat folder of CdC. I open the catalogue installation menu and select 'add' which opens the file selection menu. That menu is looking for an .hdr file but there isn't one for the tycho2 files. Can someone help me install the files?

Regards

Gordon

After you have put the downloaded files into the correct place in the folder structure, You dont need to add the tycho2 catalog in the way you describe.

Go to Setup->Catalog.

You see a series of tabs across the top starting with CdC stars. Go to the far right of this tab line and use the right arrow to expose the rest of the available tabs.

You need to go into the Obsolete tab (which happens to be the last one) and click the box next to Tycho2 and press the Apply button.

That should do it for you. Remembar to save the settings on exit from CdC or you will have the repeat the whole thing again.

Edited by Star Struck