NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

QHY8 or QHY8 Pro ???

jcm

I am thinking about buying a QHY8 or QHY8 Pro. The older QHY8 has been reduced in price but has had some problems with icing up OR wait for the new QHY8 Pro (improved design ) which will probably cost £300 to £400 than I coud buy the older model.

What would you do ??

John

PS when I use the spell check my post vanishes ???

The Pro is smaller and lighter than the old QHY8 (its cylindrical ) and they have solved the misting problem. BUT after speaking to Bern , he could not tell me when the Pro will be available and the cost could be in the region of £1600 :shock: - falling pound ?

John

PS the spell check still deletes my posts

Hi

I have the older QHY8 and yes dewing can be a problem but it can be in other cameras too. There are ways to reduce the risk of dewing ( heater tapes and keeping in a sealed case with silica). I wouldn't hesitate going for the older model, bargain, at the current price. :(

Jon

John

As with everything when it works its fantastic, when it does not its the end of the world :D I've had my qhy8 for less than 9 months and I have only had dewing issues two or three times. IMHO the QHY8 is great value for money and a great bit of kit. There are plenty of other people on the forum who I hope will agree with me :(

Cheers Jon

SteveL seems to have solved his dew/ice problems as suggested, simply with a heater tape and desicant, I think !Give the price reduction on the 8 and the likely further price rises in the new year( as everything else), I'd plumb for the 8 and give the 8 pro a miss for a while . But then I'm skint- and if money's no problem :(

Karlo

Archived