IC-342--The hidden galaxy revealed

Rodd

My IC-342 project has come to an end.  I felt this IC-342 deserved its own post, so I am posting this image out of respect for my friend Rick Kunts, whom provided half the data.   I collected about 32.5 hours of data usinga TOA 130 with an ASI 1600, and about 32 hours of data was captured with a Planewave 12" CDk and a 16200  camera (not sure the brand).   My data by itself can be found in my previous IC-342 post.  Due to the scale difference, I registered all data to the red stack of the Planewave.  this is an L((Ha)R(Ha)GB composition.  the quantity of data yielded a clean image, much cleaner than my data alone, which, when enlarged to this size is obviously noisy.  But, for some reason that probably nly Vlaiv could explain, my data was sharper than his--so I blended the final image with my original, which imparted its sharpness to the clean new image.  I think this is about as good as i can make this data.  I am not 100% satisfied of course--some of the faint outer regions seemed to have dimmed a bit-surprising with the amount of data--maybe its due to my processing.   Anyway--this is my fist true callobration on data and I am anxious to try it again on a less "hidden" subject.

Blend2.thumb.jpg.770f8dfd1081bd173130b1b1e5ea0f68.jpg

• Like 12