Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

IC 443 in HST palette

GordonH

Hi All

I took this in the early hours of Wednesday morning and was aiming to do 6x10 minutes Ha, 12x10 minutes OIII and 12x10 minutes SII, all unguided, but as is usually the case the British weather and a neighbours tree hampered my plans. The Ha data went fine, then some cloud knocked out two of the OIII subframes and I forgot how low IC 443 was getting in the sky and it hid behind a neighbours tree after five of the SII subframes. Due to this I wasn't able to get as much SII as I wanted so this is a temporary picture until I can. I first tried this subject with just a ligh pollution fillter in monochrome and then added false colour earlier this year, it was one of the first shots I took with my TMB and H36 (no field flattener at the time), this image is in the nebulae section of the image gallery of my site http://www.imagingtheheavens.co.uk for comparison. Only simple auto dark subtraction was used to callibrate, no flats.

Thanks for looking

Best wishes

Gordon

:D

post-13589-133877351278_thumb.jpg

Archived