NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Just starting out....

Been reading these forums for a bit now and I'm about to embark on some DSLR imaging. I've done some planetary stuff with my 900NC webcam and been fairly pleased with the results but my passion has always been DSO. I tried imaging about 15 years ago with 35mm film but found it impossble to get anywhere.

I've just bought an unmodded 350D off ebay and it arrived today and works perfectly (phew!).

My equipment is as follows:

8" Meade LX SCT f10

EQ6 Pro mount

Astronomik CLS filter in EOS clip

Unmodded 350D

I'm going to look into getting a guide scope and use the 900NC to autoguide but I need to read up on this abit more as it's unclear to me what I need !

The main question is what should targets should I try and which should I avoid given my current equipment ?

Thanks in advance

Marc

Hi Marc,

Welcome to the forum and the world of DSLR imaging...

I would add a half decent STR in the 66-80mm range to your setup either ofr use as a guidescope or even better a widefield imaging scope.

If you havent already got it track down a copy of CCDcalc (free) form here http://www.newastro.com/book_new/camera_app.php

This will give you a pretty good idea of how various objects wiull fit into the FOV of your setup.

I Use A modified 350D on my setup which consists of CPC800XLT mounted on a Pier/wedge which has a WO Megrez 72 and FF III fitted onto the 8" SCT using guiderings.. I tend to do nearly all my imagign through the Megrez as I love widefield nebula shots I guide through the 8" using a DSI II C at f6.3

Billy...

Archived